Revival Dawn is a One Piece RP forum, set in an alternate universe of the canon One Piece manga and anime.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Any and all characters with pioneer claims must check in at the Pioneer's Activity Check if they wish to keep their pioneer bonuses.
Ahoy-o, Pioneers! There have been some major updates to various site mechanics over the past few weeks. Please check them out here when you have the chance!
Share | 
 

 Keeping the strong strong?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cal

avatar

Age : 0
Haoshoku : 0
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 0
Attack (ATK) : 0
Defense (DEF) : 0
Reflex (RX) : 0
Willpower (WP) : 0
Level : 1
Experience Points : 100
Berries : 50,000
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:02 am

The leveling system appears to in the advantage of those who obtained Pioneer lvl rewards.  Don't misunderstand I have no problem with said rewards I benefited myself. The problem is those who start at lower levels can't RP enough to lets to bridge the gap between 1 & 10 (my goal).

Reasons why it the system is disadvantageous to lower lvls.
1 A person has to rp with someone, there growth is tied to some elses availability. That person whom they rp with also grows. With the number of high lvl to low they would most likely have to find someone of higher tier.

2 Higher level people don't have much of an incentive to rp with those of low level because the difficulty goes down on the threads.
This doesn't not mean they wouldn't. Personally I rather not rp with those who have an enormous gap between myself and them. It isn't fun is to rp with warlords and a yonku (Other world positions) at lvl one.

3 If a level 1 rps with a lvl 25 whose feat gets in the "news paper" who is likely to get the bounty (in addition to beli awards)? The level 25 who defeated the boss or the level who most likely spent his time sweating it out with the grunt. Unless he by some miracle steals the kill.

Some solutions that is right I didn't lodge a complaint without ideas on how to fix it!
Until lvl XX you can receive credit for solo threads
Perhaps solo threads come with less rewards.
Not have each tier require the same amount of experience. What this would mean is it would be to get from 1-10 than 90-100

PS I always felt this way. Black Luffy just didn't stay long enough for me to join him in his concern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 pm

The leveling system is designed the way it is to keep progression consistent. While you are right that pioneer level rewards do give an advantage, they are meant to give an advantage. Otherwise, what's the point of calling them rewards? The reason why progression seems unfair at the moment for lower leveled characters is because there aren't many low leveled players that you can RP with. Once there are more of them around, you'll have plenty of opportunity to RP with players on par with you rather than characters on a higher tier than you.

As for when a lower level character RPs with a higher level character, and the higher level character takes the spotlight, don't you think it's only natural? If a Major League player and a Minor League player were to be in the same room, who do you think would be getting more interviews and more press coverage?

Solo quests are something I've been considering, though. What I think I'll do is to allow solo quests for say tier 1 characters, just so they can get up on their feet without immediately having to search for folks to RP with.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cal

avatar

Age : 0
Haoshoku : 0
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 0
Attack (ATK) : 0
Defense (DEF) : 0
Reflex (RX) : 0
Willpower (WP) : 0
Level : 1
Experience Points : 100
Berries : 50,000
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Gray wrote:
The leveling system is designed the way it is to keep progression consistent. While you are right that pioneer level rewards do give an advantage, they are meant to give an advantage. Otherwise, what's the point of calling them rewards? The reason why progression seems unfair at the moment for lower leveled characters is because there aren't many low leveled players that you can RP with. Once there are more of them around, you'll have plenty of opportunity to RP with players on par with you rather than characters on a higher tier than you.

As for when a lower level character RPs with a higher level character, and the higher level character takes the spotlight, don't you think it's only natural? If a Major League player and a Minor League player were to be in the same room, who do you think would be getting more interviews and more press coverage?

Solo quests are something I've been considering, though. What I think I'll do is to allow solo quests for say tier 1 characters, just so they can get up on their feet without immediately having to search for folks to RP with.

Of course I expect the higher tiered person to take the spot light. That is the issue the lower tiered person is forever in the shadows because of the lack of other lower levels. Which is one of the reasons why it isn't as fun to RP with them. It is just a much as reward to start at higher level even lower people have a fair shake to catch up. A person who starts at the bottom is more likely to grind to get the top than those who start off in their positions are likely to work to keep them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Forty seven wrote:
Gray wrote:
The leveling system is designed the way it is to keep progression consistent. While you are right that pioneer level rewards do give an advantage, they are meant to give an advantage. Otherwise, what's the point of calling them rewards? The reason why progression seems unfair at the moment for lower leveled characters is because there aren't many low leveled players that you can RP with. Once there are more of them around, you'll have plenty of opportunity to RP with players on par with you rather than characters on a higher tier than you.

As for when a lower level character RPs with a higher level character, and the higher level character takes the spotlight, don't you think it's only natural? If a Major League player and a Minor League player were to be in the same room, who do you think would be getting more interviews and more press coverage?

Solo quests are something I've been considering, though. What I think I'll do is to allow solo quests for say tier 1 characters, just so they can get up on their feet without immediately having to search for folks to RP with.

Of course I expect the higher tiered person to take the spot light. That is the issue the lower tiered person is forever in the shadows because of the lack of other lower levels. Which is one of the reasons why it isn't as fun to RP with them. It is just a much as reward to start at higher level even lower people have a fair shake to catch up. A person who starts at the bottom is more likely to grind to get the top than those who start off in their positions are likely to work to keep them.

That is the curse of every leveling system no matter where you are. People starting at lower levels ALWAYS have to work harder than the ones at the higher levels to catch up.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cal

avatar

Age : 0
Haoshoku : 0
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 0
Attack (ATK) : 0
Defense (DEF) : 0
Reflex (RX) : 0
Willpower (WP) : 0
Level : 1
Experience Points : 100
Berries : 50,000
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:40 pm

If only that was possible. The curse is they can't work harder. Whomever they work with also lvls up equally. I said forever in the shadow because they can't up. This is the first time I have experienced a system that you can't bridge the gap because the growth rate stays consistent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Forty seven wrote:
If only that was possible. The curse is they can't work harder. Whomever they work with also lvls up equally. I said forever in the shadow because they can't up. This is the first time I have experienced a system that you can't bridge the gap because the growth rate stays consistent.

If they're both working equally as hard, then there is no reason why you should be able to catch up until the cap. If player A has been here for a year, and then you come in and catch up to their 18 month progress in 6 months, how is that fair? If the higher leveled player keeps working hard, they deserve to stay ahead. At least until they reach the cap. Then you'll have time enough to catch up to them.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cal

avatar

Age : 0
Haoshoku : 0
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 0
Attack (ATK) : 0
Defense (DEF) : 0
Reflex (RX) : 0
Willpower (WP) : 0
Level : 1
Experience Points : 100
Berries : 50,000
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Growth doesn't typically happen at the same rate.

If you know Naruto. The path from jonin to kage/S-rank is much steeper.

The gap should get narrower as the ranks increase. There is only one PK but 4 pirate emperors. 3 admiral but one fleet admiral then as the ranks lower the more multiple positions you have. I don't care about tittles... But hopefully you can see the correlation between tittle and tier, you can't get to PK at lvl 10 obviously
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Forty seven wrote:
Growth doesn't typically happen at the same rate.

If you know Naruto. The path from jonin to kage/S-rank is much steeper.

The gap should get narrower as the ranks increase. There is only one PK but 4 pirate emperors. 3 admiral but one fleet admiral then as the ranks lower the more multiple positions you have. I don't care about tittles... But hopefully you can see the correlation between tittle and tier, you can't get to PK at lvl 10 obviously

The reason why the growth seems extended in those cases is because it was designed to be that way. Now, look at it from our perspective. Level 1-19 is a nobody. Level 20-39 is a decent officer in the navy. Level 40-59 would be the average rear admiral. Level 60-79 would be the average vice admiral. Level 80-99 would be the average admiral. And the average fleet admiral would be level 100. The NPCs may not conform to these exactly because they're meant to be defeated by GROUPS of players and not individuals. Once players take over these positions, they should have far more reliable teammates to watch their backs.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Another thing I forgot to mention is the fact that fights will get progressively more complicated at higher tiers on 0 difficulties. For example, for a tier 5 player to level as consistently as a tier 1 player, they would constantly have to fight tier 5 opponents. This involves much more complex combat relatively speaking. Also think about how a lot tier 5 players may choose to RP with other lower tier players (who don't have a problem with RPing with higher tier players, unlike yourself xD). Their progress will be slowed down too, most likely, considering their need to lower the difficulties for others.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cal

avatar

Age : 0
Haoshoku : 0
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 0
Attack (ATK) : 0
Defense (DEF) : 0
Reflex (RX) : 0
Willpower (WP) : 0
Level : 1
Experience Points : 100
Berries : 50,000
Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Yes they are normally designed that way. The point of this whole thread is it should be designed that way. That a change of growth rate makes since.

Rank equivalencies isn't an issue or interest. The example illustrated just how hard one has to work for positions that are normally have lvl associated with them. Therefore they shouldn't be able to jump to the next tittle (Admiral) just as quickly as they got to w.e. tittle they might possess (Vice Admiral).


Edit I am not 100% sure I follow your latest statement. I think understand that a tier 5 would have to consistently fight tier 5s to grow.
You say that tier 5 players growth will be slowed because they "choose" to rp with lower lvl people. Choosing to rp with lower lvl people when it MIGHT impact your growth is a luxury they have. I say might because when questing the difficulty is based on the highest person. They can still grow with lower people and at the same rate. I THINK the only multiplier i saw for level was beli rewards.

Choosing to rp with lower people when it might cost you some difficulty points isn't the same as not being able to grow because you have to rp with someone (no credit for so solo rp) and the rate of growth stays the same (1-10 is the same as 90-100).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gray

avatar


Name : Gray Starks
Epithet : The Conqueror (Formerly "Black Fist")
Age : 49
Race : Cyborg
Faction : Yonkou (Former)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Former)
Ship : Fistful AKA "The Fist" (Destroyed)
Crew Position : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Haoshoku : 9
Busoshoku | Kenbunshoku : 9
Attack (ATK) : 750
Defense (DEF) : 600
Reflex (RX) : 655
Willpower (WP) : 600
Level : 100
Experience Points : 10000
Bounty : 2,500,000,000
Berries : 25,000,000,000
Perks :

Posts : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Keeping the strong strong?   Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Forty seven wrote:
Yes they are normally designed that way. The point of this whole thread is it should be designed that way. That a change of growth rate makes since.

Rank equivalencies isn't an issue or interest. The example illustrated just how hard one has to work for positions that are normally have lvl associated with them. Therefore they shouldn't be able to jump to the next tittle (Admiral) just as quickly as they got to w.e. tittle they might possess (Vice Admiral).


Edit I am not 100% sure I follow your latest statement. I think understand that a tier 5 would have to consistently fight tier 5s to grow.
You say that tier 5 players growth will be slowed because they "choose" to rp with lower lvl people. Choosing to rp with lower lvl people when it MIGHT impact your growth is a luxury they have. I say might because when questing the difficulty is based on the highest person. They can still grow with lower people and at the same rate. I THINK the only multiplier i saw for level was beli rewards.

Choosing to rp with lower people when it might cost you some difficulty points isn't the same as not being able to grow because you have to rp with someone (no credit for so solo rp) and the rate of growth stays the same (1-10 is the same as 90-100).

First of all, I've already added the option to do solo RP at Tier 1. Second of all, choosing to RP with lower level characters is not really much of a choice, when the majority of the players will be lower tiered. There'll only be a handful of players who'll remain active enough to reach high tiers at a quick enough pace and then remain active even after. So, since there'll be a small pick of the litter for higher tiered players, they'll have no choice but to quest with lower tiered players.

But, I do see your point that when questing with lower leveled characters, they will still be gaining XP at the same rate as those lower leveled characters. So, what I could do is judge the difficulty of a quest for each participating member individually, rather than as a group? But, if I see this option abused, for example, a single tier 5 player forming an EXP bus with a bunch of tier 1 players by letting them level much faster, then I will have to police them somehow.

________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Keeping the strong strong?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Amoux Native American Wolf Strong, Brave, Not Alone (Swift Only)
» 111109 “Little Yoona & Taeyang” appear on Strong Heart
» Major Sydney Philip Strong.
» Faye`s Horses
» Tiberious,Sky,Cyclone

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Revival Dawn - One Piece RP :: Discussion :: Suggestions Box-
Jump to: